Feel like the travel news is changing so quickly, you can hardly keep up? We know the feeling.
With travel news and airline and other travel company policies evolving rapidly, it’s more important than ever to have a place to turn for answers. We’ve brought all the travel news we’ve covered over the last several weeks here, so you can easily find the answers you’re looking for.
How Can I Stay Up-to-Date?
- Our dedicated page with everything you need to know about coronavirus & travel updates
- Our stance: Stay Home Now, Travel Later: Changing Course with Coronavirus
- The Latest on Coronavirus: We update this post with breaking news daily
- From Australia to Vietnam, Countries are Banning or Restricting Travel
- Feds Suspend All In-Person Global Entry Interviews Until May 1 and Global Entry Extends Renewal Grace Period to 18 Months
Can I Cancel My Flight Due to Coronavirus?
- How All Major Airlines Are Offering Free Change, Cancellation Amid Coronavirus
- Even Basic Economy Fares Can Be Changed or Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Your Flight (Yet) Due to Coronavirus
- Canceling Flights? Use This Flowchart to Make the Right Decision
- Cancel a Flight for an Airline Voucher? 5 Things You Need to Know
- How to Cancel a Flight Booked with Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
- 4 Tips for Changing or Canceling Your Flights Amid Coronavirus Concerns
What If I Booked with an OTA Like Expedia or Kayak?
- How to Change or Cancel Travel with OTAs like Expedia, Priceline, and More
- Coronavirus Provides a Harsh Lesson: Book Flights Direct with Airlines
What If I Booked a Flight with Miles?
- Yes, You Can Cancel Delta SkyMiles Awards Free During Coronavirus (and Other Airline Policies)
- When Will My Airline Miles Expire?
What If I Want a Refund, Not a Voucher?
- Can You Get a Refund Instead of a Voucher For a Canceled Flight?
- US Government to Airlines: Stop Denying Refunds for Canceled Flights
- How to File a Credit Card Chargeback When a Refund Won’t Work
- Always Use a Credit Card (Not Debit) When Booking Travel
What Are Airlines Doing?
- The Good and Bad News Behind American’s New Award Change Policy
- American Allows Basic Economy to Pay for Seat Selection at Purchase
- Following Delta’s Lead, American Will Honor Changes for Missed Flights
- Are Delta SkyMiles the Best Way to Book Flights Right Now?
- Delta Waives Change, Cancellation Fees on All Flights through December
- Social Distancing in the Sky: Delta Will Block All Middle Seats
- Cancel an Upcoming Flight? Delta Now Gives You 2 Years to Use Your Credit!
- Delta Halts More Routes, Including Minneapolis to Tokyo and Honolulu
- Delta is Shining Through the Dark Cloud of Coronavirus
- Delta Will Automatically Credit You for Missed Flights Due to Coronavirus
What’s Happening with My Airline Status?
- BIG: Delta Gives Flyers with Medallion Status an Automatic One-Year Extension!
- Southwest Extends Companion Pass, A-List Status
- American Finally Extends Status Through January 2022
- United Matches Delta, Extends Premier Status by One Year
- Alaska Extends Status Through 2021, Gives Companion Fares a Boost
How Are Hotels Handling This?
- Master Guide of Hotel Change & Cancellation Policies Amid Coronavirus
- Easy-to-Find Refundable Airbnb Stays Mean Less Risk for Future Travel
- Marriott Extends Status, Points Expiration for All Members
- IHG Will Extend Dates for Free Night Award Certificates
- Hyatt Extends All Status Through February 2022, Won’t Let Points Expire
- Hilton Extends Status for All Members, Extends Expiring Points Too
What About Planning Travel for the Future?
- What Will Flight Prices Look Like After Coronavirus?
- How to Make the Most of Thrifty Traveler … When You’re Not Traveling
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Travel Dreams Alive at Home
- Planning a Future Trip? 3 Tips to Book Safe and Smart Amid the Uncertainty
- Coronavirus and Travel Insurance: All Your Questions Answered
How Does This Affect My Credit Cards?
- You Can Now Use Capital One Miles for Food, Streaming Services
- Chase Gives Some New Cardholders More Time to Earn Welcome Bonus
- What Will the Future of Credit Card Rewards Look Like?
- Amex is Giving New Cardholders More Time to Earn Welcome Bonuses
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred is the Best Travel Card in These Times
- Chase Discounts Sapphire Reserve Fees by $100 for Some Cardholders
- Ordering Out? The Best Credit Cards to Use for Food Delivery Services
- The 4 Best Credit Cards to Use for Grocery Shopping
Whether you’re looking for help getting a refund instead of an airline voucher, or worried about the status of your hotel status, we’re here to help. We hope these resources help you navigate these challenging times.