Got some Chase Ultimate Rewards points from cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve®? You won't need a boatload of points to score some huge savings on your next Amazon purchase.
Chase and Amazon have teamed up for a new promo getting you 50% off your next purchase – for a total of up to $15 off. All you need to do is link your Chase card to your Amazon account, activate this new promo, and apply 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point to your payment at checkout to score the savings.
This latest deal is similar to the regular promos we see to use Amex points through Amazon to score big discounts. And they work much the same.
All you need to do is link your Chase credit card to your Amazon account. Then just activate the discount through the promotional page, add items shipped and sold by Amazon to your cart, then apply a single Chase point to your purchase to unlock these savings.
This promo is targeted, so not everyone is eligible. If you get a blank screen on the promo page, you aren't eligible.
But hurry! while Amazon says this promotion runs through the end of the year, and it could disappear even sooner based upon how many people use it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to do it…
How to Save Up to $15 On Your Amazon Order
- First things first, you need an Chase card that earns Chase Ultimate Rewards points, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Co-branded United cards or hotel chain cards from Chase won’t do the trick.
- You’ll need to link your Chase account with Amazon, which you can do by clicking here.
- The most important step: See if you’re eligible by heading to the promo page, then activate it!
- Add up your purchases to your Amazon cart. These items must be sold and shipped by Amazon to qualify for the discount. Check on the item page or in your cart – here’s what to look for:
- When you’re ready to check out, choose your Chase card as payment and pay for at least a portion of your order with Ultimate Rewards points. For the best value, just type in “.01” under “Apply Chase Ultimate Rewards Points.” This will put a single point and unlock your discount.
- Finish your purchase and save up to $15!
Make sure to check your payment method after you take advantage of this deal and before making a future purchase. A few members of the Thrifty Traveler team have used this promo and the next time they tried making a purchase on Amazon, the payment method defaults to paying entirely with Chase points.
While the total discount is capped at $15, these are some easy-to-unlock savings. Just add $30 (or more) worth of Amazon-sold products to your cart, activate this promo, apply 1 Chase point to your purchase and voila: You just saved up to 50%!