Editors Note: This offer is no longer available.
As we first reported back in December, American Express has added a handful of benefits to their Business Platinum Card – all while hiking the annual fee. One of those benefits was a complimentary year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork, a network of premium co-working spaces all over the world. WeWork values this one-year membership at $2,700.
As of Feb. 8, the benefit is available to both new and existing cardholders. You can enroll for it here.
What You Need to Know
- Cardholders will receive one year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork. This membership is valued at $2,700.
- The membership will not be ongoing and you will have until 12/31/19 to enroll.
- Your membership will last one year from your enrollment date. Because of this, it's best to wait until you are ready to use it before you enroll.
- Platinum Global Access will provide access to over 300 workspaces in 75+ cities and 20+ countries.
- There is no limit to how often you can use the WeWork spaces.
- Users can bring at least one guest into a WeWork space each visit
- This benefit is only for the primary cardholder. Authorized users are not eligible.
- You’ll be able to access WeWork locations around the globe during normal business hours, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
- Visit the WeWork locations page to find a location near you.
American Express has done a great job over the past few years adding meaningful benefits to some of their most powerful credit cards. They seem to have a pulse on what their membership base wants and an ability to make it happen. While I was hoping the WeWork benefit would be a little stronger than a one-year offering, you can still squeeze a lot of value out of it after enrollment.
Not being able to use the membership on weekends or off hours makes it entirely useless to me and many others. I’d guess that most businesses small enough to have this kind of card (and not large enough to have their own office) work long hours or weird hours on top of a typical job.
I was pretty excited for this when it was first announced, but those limits make it entirely worthless. Very disappointed.
I could be wrong but these are just published times. You should be able to access on weekends and after hours. I will be trying it out tomorrow for the first time and will get some of this clarifying information.
Unfortunately you aren’t :/ It’s been confirmed elsewhere too.
Good to know. Thanks for the update.