Domestic SkyMiles Deal: Delta Flights from 8K SkyMiles RT!
Here’s your chance to book a getaway – and do it on the cheap with SkyMiles.
Delta is back with another SkyMiles flash sale, advertising rates for round-trip domestic flights nationwide as low as 10,000 SkyMiles. But we’re finding even better deals than what Delta is listing, including some round-trip domestic fares for just 8,000 SkyMiles!
You’ll find these lowest rates are for Delta basic economy. Delta has been selling basic economy awards even when using your SkyMiles, which means you won’t get to pick your seat in advance and won’t be eligible for upgrades. In most cases, you can get those perks for a 1,000 – 5,000 more SkyMiles by booking a main cabin fare.
Thrifty Tip #1: OK with basic economy to save some SkyMiles? Read our guide to learn how you can still pick a seat!
These deals start cropping up in December and appear to run all the way through the spring. Here’s a small taste of what you can book:
- Seattle (SEA) to Denver (DEN) for 8,000 SkyMiles
- Boston (BOS) to Austin (AUS) for 9,000 SkyMiles
- Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) to Miami (MIA) for 10,000 SkyMiles
- Boston (BOS) to San Francisco (SFO) for 10,000 SkyMiles
- Salt Lake City (SLC) to San Diego (SAN) for 9,000 SkyMiles
- New York City (JFK) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 9,000 SkyMiles
- Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) to Las Vegas (LAS) for 11,000 SkyMiles
- Chicago-O’Hare (ORD) to Tampa (TPA) for 10,000 SkyMiles
- New York City-JFK (JFK) to New Orleans (MSY) for 12,000 SkyMiles
- New York City-JFK (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) for 14,000 SkyMiles
And much, much more. Be sure to search for your own deals!
Thrifty Tip #2: When booking with SkyMiles, make sure to select “Calendar View” and “5 weeks” to maximize the dates viewable and find the best deal.
Delta Domestic SkyMiles Flash Sale Availability
- Travel from October through February (and beyond), depending on your destination
- To book these fares, head to Delta.com and start searching!
- Get the lowest rates by booking round-trip fares!
These SkyMiles award deals are one of the best ways to use your Delta SkyMiles. And this new sale has some pretty great deals to travel almost anywhere within the U.S. You just have to find them.
And it won’t take much work. It’s not hard to find flights as low 10,000 SkyMiles from almost any airport with Delta service. And these low rates are pretty widely available from December all the way through the spring.
Even long, transcontinental flights can be dirt cheap. Check out these flights from Boston (BOS) to San Francisco (SFO) for just 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip!
If you’re in New York City, it’s time to head south for Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – and you need just 9,000 SkyMiles to do it!
Even Delta hubs get in on the love with some cheap fares, like these round-trip flights from Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) to Miami (MIA) for as low as 10,000 SkyMiles. How’s that for a cheap winter getaway?
If you’re willing to fly basic economy – giving up seat selection and some other perks – this is as cheap as it gets. Luckily, it’s typically not much more expensive to book a more-inclusive main cabin award fare with your SkyMiles.
Delta SkyMiles get a bad rap, but these sales are a big part of the reason why we think they can be insanely valuable. And the fact that you can book a trip this winter or spring for as low as 8,000 SkyMiles round trip just underscores that fact.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.