Singapore Airlines is out with a great KrisFlyer miles promotion on routes from the U.S. to Singapore with 30% off several business class award rates throughout the spring, including a rare sweet spot for people to get to Germany through May for just 50,000 miles.
This is Singapore’s latest “Spontaneous Escapes” promotion, and it’s the first great one we’ve seen in a few years. That includes business class flights to Singapore (SIN) from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), and Seattle (SEA) for just 66,500 miles each way. You can even do it roundtrip for double the cost. After a price hike in 2019 those flights normally cost 95,000 miles each way. That makes this a 30% discount and a steal for that long journey.
Want to book some of the longest flights in the world in business class? You can also fly to Singapore from either Newark (EWR) or New York City (JFK) for just 69,300 miles each way – again, 30% off the normal rate.
These award rates are available for travel from April 1 through May 31, and you have to book by March 31 before these promo rates disappear. Award availability on many of these routes is fairly wide-open, but you might want to hurry before that changes. Singapore Airlines miles are incredibly easy to earn: You can transfer them from Chase, Amex, Citi, and even Capital One.
But there’s one big catch: These discounted promo fares cannot be changed or canceled to get your miles back unless Singapore cancels your flight. Make sure you intend to fly or understand the risk if you book these award fares.
Singapore Airlines’ business class is on many travelers’ bucket lists for a reason. The cabins are gorgeous, the seats are insanely spacious, and the food is incredible. There may be no better way to cross the Pacific Ocean than with a 28-inch wide seat that converts into a full bed.
Read our full Singapore Airlines business class review from Singapore (SIN) to Los Angeles (LAX) – the same seats you’d have on most flights in this deal.
The sweet spot of this deal might just be Singapore’s super-fun fifth-freedom route from New York (JFK) to Frankfurt (FRA) route on sale for just 50,400 in business class! Singapore currently flies its newest Airbus A380s on this route, complete with an overhauled business class seat and middle seats that convert into a double bed!
Award space on this route seems to really open up come late April. You’ll probably want to avoid booking a waitlisted award earlier in April – if a seat doesn’t open by March 31 at these lower promo rates, you’ll get charged the full 72,000 miles.
Los Angeles and Singapore aren’t the only city pair included in this deal, either. You can snag a discount on business class and in economy from a few places. Notably, this deal also includes flights between New York and Germany this year, too!
- New York (JFK) to Frankfurt (FRA) or vice versa: 15,570 in economy, 32,900 miles in premium economy, or 50,400 in business class each way.
- Los Angeles (LAX ) to Singapore (SIN) or vice versa: 26,600 miles in economy, 47,600 in premium economy, or 66,500 miles in business class each way.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (TYO) or vice versa: 24,500 miles in economy, 46,200 miles in premium economy, or 66,500 miles in business class each way.
- San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) or vice versa: 26,600 miles in economy, 47,600 miles in premium economy, or 66,500 miles in business class each way.
- New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) or vice versa: 28,000 miles in economy, 51,100 miles in premium economy, or 69,300 in business class each way.
- Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) or vice versa: 51,100 in premium economy, or 69,300 in business class each way.
- Seattle (SEA) to Singapore (SIN) or vice versa: 26,600 in economy, 47,600 in premium economy, or 66,500 in business class each way.
- Vancouver (YVR) to Singapore (SIN) or vice versa: 26,600 in economy, 47,600 in premium economy, or 66,500 in business class each way.
Some blackout dates apply on this sale, so make sure to take a look at the promotion on Singapore’s website.
Thrifty Tip: Log in to your Singapore KrisFlyer account and start searching to “redeem flights.” The initial search results won’t display these discounted rates, but eligible flights will reprice after you select them. Just be sure to look for “saver award” availability.
This is one of the better Spontaneous Escapes promotions we’ve seen from Singapore Airlines. Germany is open to fully vaccinated Americans, as is Singapore – at least as long as you arrive via one of the country’s vaccinated travel lanes. Fortunately, Singapore Airlines labels these routes quite well.
So book soon and start making your plans to explore Singapore or elsewhere!
Flying Singapore’s business class is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and any flight with Singapore is a treat. But flying one of the world’s best business class seats for less than 70,000 miles each way is a deal. Don’t sleep on this sale.
Just make sure you’re aware of the terms and conditions and are willing to book non-changeable or cancellable fares.