This is a time to order out.
The spread of coronavirus has many of us sticking close to home. Federal health officials are urging citizens to avoid gatherings of 10 or more. And states across the nation are increasingly ordering restaurants to shut down operations aside from delivery or take-out.
So while you’ve got to get groceries, it’s also a great time to fire up your favorite food delivery app or direct from your favorite restaurant. Ordering from these services will help out small businesses in this tough time. GrubHub and Uber Eats are deferring commission fees for small independent restaurants and making it even easier for them to get food to you.
You’ll want to use the best card to make your order. Here are the best cards for ordering delivery or buying through GrubHub, Door Dash, and Uber Eats.
The Best Card for GrubHub
The American Express® Gold Card offers a $120 annual credit that can be used, $10 per month, with GrubHub. The credit also works with Seamless, participating Shake Shack locations, The Cheesecake Factory, Boxed.com, and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.
Full Benefits of the Amex Gold Card
- Receive 60,000 Membership Rewards Points after spending $4,000 within the first six months of card membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com
- 4x points at Restaurants
- 4x points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $25k of spending per calendar year. 1x points after that
- 1x points on other purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Up to a $120 annual dining credit split up monthly for charges at GrubHub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Boxed & Participating Shake Shack locations.
- Up to a $120 annual Uber credit split up monthly for charges at Uber and Uber Eats.
- $250 annual fee (see rates & fees)
- Terms Apply
Click Here to learn more about the American Express Gold Card.
The Best Card for DoorDash
The best credit cards to use with your Door Dash account is easily the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Holding this card gives you a $60 annual credit to DoorDash in 2020 and again 2021. You also get free DoorDash DashPass membership through 2021 which means waived delivery fees on all DoorDash orders. DashPass normally costs $9.99 a month and DoorDash claims it will save you $4 to $5 per order.
Full Benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Earn 60,000 Bonus points: After you spend $4,000 on purchases within three months of account opening.
- $300 annual travel credit
- 3x Points on travel and at restaurants worldwide
- 10x Points on Lyft Rides, plus complimentary Lyft pink membership.
- $60 Annual DoorDash Food Delivery Credit, plus free DashPass membership
- $100 ApplicationCredit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership
- Primary Car Rental Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Trip Delay & Cancellation Coverage
- Medical Evacuation & Travel Accident Coverage
Click Here to learn more about the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
The Best Card for Uber Eats
If your delivery service of choice is Uber Eats, the Platinum Card® from American Express offers the best benefits. This card gives you up to $200 in Uber credits spread out over 12 months. Cardholders get up to $15 in Uber credits each month – except in December, when the credit is good for up to $35. This credit works for Uber rides but also Uber Eats.
Thrifty Tip: If you have never had an American Express credit card, you may be targeted for a welcome offer for 100,000 points via the CardMatch tool from creditcards.com.
Full Benefits of the Amex Platinum Card
- 75,000 Membership Rewards points (or more!) after spending $5,000 in the first six months of card membership
- Up to $200 in annual Uber credit in monthly installments.
- Lounge Access to Priority Pass lounges, Escape lounges, Amex Centurion lounges, and Delta Sky Clubs when flying Delta.
- Up to a $200 airline fee credit – see our guide for the best ways to use it.
- 5x Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on all airfare.
- Up to a $100 application credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- Up to a $100 credit at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Hilton Honors & Marriot Bonvoy Gold Elite Status.
- Trip Delay and Cancelation Coverage.
- $550 Annual Fee (see rates & fees)
- Terms Apply
Click Here to learn more about the Platinum Card from American Express.
Many people are staying home right now and ordering food for delivery – and for good reason. Make the most of your purchase while supporting your local restaurants and helping curb the spread of coronavirus.