Travel is booming, and so is our team: We're hiring yet again!
This time around, we're looking to hire another smart credit cards and points & miles reporter as we continue to build out our newsroom. Think you fit the bill? Keep reading for the full details, job description, and qualifications…
But here's what it comes down to: We're looking for a passionate and savvy traveler, preferably based in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro, with at least a few years of published journalism experience to join our team. Not located in Minneapolis-St. Paul? Fully remote applicants will also be considered.
This reporter will help spearhead our coverage of the fast-paced travel credit card landscape, covering the latest and greatest big bonuses on top travel cards, writing smart and clear guides on the best ways to use those points, and much more.
Sound like a job you want? We want you! But keep reading for more details.
Thrifty Traveler Credit Card & Award Travel Reporter: About the Job
Thrifty Traveler is looking for an experienced writer to join our small but growing team as another dedicated credit cards and award travel writer.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for travel rewards credit cards and a deep understanding of how to put points and miles to use, but also understands that credit cards are serious business. In addition to writing stories, airline and hotel reviews, and guides for our site, this person will assist with our search engine optimization (SEO) efforts and contribute to the development and execution of company strategy, including our Thrifty Traveler Premium and Thrifty Traveler Premium+ flight deal alert services.
To apply, email your resume and application materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Credit Cards & Award Travel Position.”
Please submit your application by Monday, Aug. 14, 2023!
- ½ day Fridays in summer
- Hybrid or fully remote work environment
- 401K matching
- Company-sponsored health insurance, dental, and vision available
- 15 days of paid vacation to start, and additional days earned based on years of service
- Starting salary range of $60,000 to $70,000, based on experience. More detailed information will be provided to qualified applicants.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Report and write stories on credit cards and points and miles, including reviews of specific credit cards, new offers and news across the travel rewards landscape, how-to guides to put points to use, and analysis of industry trends
- Stay up-to-date on changes to travel rewards credit cards and redeeming points and miles
- Work with our editorial team to ensure all content meets our high standards for accuracy, relevance, and style
- Assist with strategy & implementation of SEO-focused stories, sitewide improvements, etc.
- Assist with credit card consulting offered to our Thrifty Traveler Premium+ members
- Participate in team strategy meetings (virtual)
- Participate in at least one full team in-person meeting weekly
Qualifications & Skills
- A passion for and expertise in travel rewards credit cards and award travel
- 2-5 years minimum published journalism experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is preferred
- Based in Minneapolis-St. Paul area is preferred, but remote applicants will be considered
- Newsroom experience is a plus
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred
- WordPress experience preferred
- SEO knowledge preferred
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to write in the clear, concise, and engaging style that our readers expect
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in a small team setting
- Communicates effectively & detail-oriented
- Passionate about travel
Thrifty Traveler is growing faster than ever, and we're looking to hire another credit cards and award travel reporter as we supercharge our coverage of all things travel in 2023 and beyond.
If you fit the bill, email your resume and application materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Credit Cards & Award Travel Position.”
Applications for this position will close Monday, Aug. 14, 2023. Apply ASAP!