Travel is booming, and so are we. Now, we're looking to fill a critical role on our team.
We're aiming to hire a savvy and experienced marketing manager to help us reach and assist even more travelers. Think you fit the bill? Keep reading for the full details, job description, and qualifications…
But here's the gist of it: We're looking for a passionate traveler based in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area with a proven track record of executing marketing strategy. That includes managing Google and Meta ads, email marketing campaigns, driving conversions, and spearheading other marketing campaigns.
We're a spirited and nimble small business based here in the Twin Cities, brimming with passionate travelers dedicated to one simple (but essential) goal: helping people travel more for less. If you're looking to blend your love for travel with a dynamic startup vibe, Thrifty Traveler is the destination for you.
Sound like a job you want? We want you! But keep reading for more details.
Please submit your application by next Friday, Jan. 5, 2024!
Thrifty Traveler Marketing Manager: About the Job
Thrifty Traveler is seeking an experienced marketer to join our small-yet-growing team as our Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The ideal candidate will have a passion for travel and experience executing on marketing strategy.
Responsibilities will include working with our leadership team on executing a marketing strategy that drives brand awareness, digital and traditional advertising, managing email marketing campaigns, and more. They will be responsible for managing various contractors as well as working with our social media manager.
This role has high potential for promotion to a larger marketing position with direct involvement in setting marketing strategy and building out a full marketing team.
To begin the application process, fill out this form!
Be sure to submit your application by next Friday, Jan. 5, 2024!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Working directly on advertising with other team members, including:
- Meta, Google ads, Podcast advertising, and other forms of traditional advertising
- Building and testing email marketing campaigns
- Managing relationships with contractors to execute on various marketing strategies
- Working with our social media manager on influencer and affiliate marketing, building Thrifty Traveler brand awareness and growing our Thrifty Traveler Premium flight deal alert service
- Growing our Thrifty Traveler Premium referral program, too!
- Monitor reporting data and providing results to the leadership team
- Monitor and adhere to a budget
Qualifications & Skills
- Located in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota metropolitan area
- A passion for travel
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, and communications or relevant field
- 2-4 years of experience in a marketing role
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus
- Experience in digital marketing with a thorough knowledge of web analytics, Meta ads, and Google Adwords
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute, follow through, and hold others accountable
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thrives in a small team setting
- Starting salary range between $65,000 – $85,000, negotiable based on experience
- Hybrid work environment with gym access
- 401K matching, up to 5%
- Company-sponsored health, dental, and eye insurance
- 15 days of vacation to start
- Paid parental leave
Thrifty Traveler is growing faster than ever, and we're looking to hire our first-ever Marketing Manager to help us reach even more travelers.
If you fit the bill, start your application by filling out this form!
Applications for this position will close next Friday, Jan. 5, 2024. Apply ASAP!