This might just be the easiest way to save $40 you’ll ever find. American Express cardholders can easily save as much as 30% on their purchases from Amazon – for up to $40 in savings!
Amazon and American Express regularly team up for these promos that unlock huge savings when using Amex Membership Rewards points toward your purchase. Yet more people are being targeted for this promotion again as we round the corner toward springtime. Some cardholders will be eligible for the full 30% off, while others may see 20% off (for a total of up to $30 in savings). And still others may not be targeted for this promo at all.
All you need to do is link your Amex Membership Reward-earning credit card to your Amazon account. Then just activate the discount through the promotional page, add items shipped and sold by Amazon to your cart, then apply a single Membership Rewards point to your purchase to get the discount.
This promotion is targeted, but it seems fairly widely available to American Express cardholders – even those who have used similar deals in the past. And it works across multiple transactions, so you can keep saving 20% to 30% by applying one Amex point until you’ve hit the cap.
Amazon says this promotion runs all the way through March 31, but these promotions are typically capped based on how many users activate the promo – so don’t wait! Here’s how it works:
How to Get up to 30% Off Your Amazon Order
- First things first, you need an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, like the Platinum Card from American Express or the American Express Gold card. Co-branded Delta cards or hotel chain cards won’t do the trick.
- You’ll need to link your Membership Rewards account with Amazon, which you can do by clicking here.
- The most important step: See if you’re eligible by heading to the promo page!
- Add up to $133 of items to your Amazon cart. These items must be sold and shipped by Amazon to qualify for the discount. Check on the item page or in your cart – here’s what to look for:
- When you’re ready to check out, choose your American Express card as payment and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points. For the best value, just type in “.01” under “Apply American Express Membership Rewards Points.” This will put a single point and unlock your 20%-30% discount.
- Finish your purchase and save 20-30%!
Make sure to check your payment method after you take advantage of this deal and before making a future purchase. A few members of the Thrifty Traveler team used this promo and the next time they tried making a purchase on Amazon, the payment method defaulted to paying entirely with Membership Rewards.
These promos are an easy way to save up to $40 if you have shopping to do at Amazon. And we all know you’ve got a cart full of Amazon goodies waiting to be purchased.
Check to see if you’re eligible for one of these discounts!