Southwest Airlines is out with another big sale, selling flights throughout the continental U.S. for up to 30% off – whether you pay in cash or redeem Rapid Rewards points.
With this latest Southwest sale, you can save as much as 30% on Southwest flights within the continental U.S. between Mar. 19 and May 22. That could be your cheap ticket for a ski trip to Denver, a golf trip to Arizona or Florida, or any old weekend getaway to any of the Lower 48!
But no matter where you're at, you'll need to act fast: This sale ends at 11:59 p.m. PST this Thursday, Feb. 29.
Although the sale prices appear more widespread than the sale information indicates to some destinations, exactly how big of a discount depends on when you're flying.
Within the mainland U.S., you can get up to:
- 30% off on Tuesday and Wednesday flights
- 25% off on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday flights
- 20% off Sunday flights
Just keep in mind that a handful of dates and airports are blacked out from the sale – see the full list below!
Just head to the Southwest sale page and pick your home airport – or better yet, simply pull up Southwest's low fare calendar to get a month-long view and find the best deals. The sale promo code is SPLASH, but in most cases, the promo code should automatically apply to any search. Head to Southwest's sale page and start looking.
Already have a Southwest flight booked for later this year? You can easily rebook it online and pocket the difference as a Southwest credit – and those never expire!
The deals vary from airport to airport, but you'll see up to 30% off the base fare when applying the promo code on the cheapest Wanna Get Away fares as well as Wanna Get Away Plus tickets.
The easiest way to put it to use is for a cheap, nonstop flight to one of Southwest's major airports like Denver (DEN): We alerted Thrifty Traveler Premium members to some dirt-cheap fares from dozens of U.S. cities for less than $94 roundtrip.
Nonstop flights to Denver don't get much cheaper than this: It's just $94 roundtrip from Albuquerque (ABQ) – or vice versa!
When you go to book, the sale prices will appear with a crossed-out original price, with the new sale price below. That's how you know the promo code “SPLASH” has been applied. It looks like this.
When you click through to select your flights, the same pricing structure will appear, with the sale fares in green.
And since using Southwest Rapid Rewards points hinges on the cash price, these lower fares mean you could get an even better deal using points and miles to book a Southwest flight this winter or spring. Southwest is a Chase transfer partner, so you can send Chase points from cards like the *chase sapphire preferred* to get the Southwest points you need to take these great deals and make them (nearly) free.
You won't need many points to make it happen. Just look at these flights on the same route from Albuquerque (ABQ) to Denver (DEN). Less than 4,500 points and about $11 can get you to the mountains and back!
Keep reading to see how to take advantage of this sale before it ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, Feb. 29.
How to Book this Southwest Sale
Here's what you need to know to take advantage of this sale:
- Head to the Southwest sale and use Southwest's Low Fare Calendar to search for flights within the continental U.S. for up to 30% off. On the low fare calendar, sale fares will appear underneath a crossed-out original fare.
- Enter promo code SPLASH if it doesn't apply automatically
- Lowest prices are Wanna Get Away fares, which can still be changed or canceled for a travel credit for free. Wanna Get Away Plus tickets are also eligible for up to 30% off
- This sale also applies to award fares booked using Southwest Rapid Rewards points (remember, Southwest is a Chase transfer partner!)
- Eligible for travel from Mar. 19 through May 22, 2024, aside from blackout dates.
- In the continental U.S., blackout dates include travel from March 23-24, 30-31 and April 6-7.
- All intra-California travel is excluded.
- All flights from Santa Ana (SNA) are also excluded.
- Book by Thursday, Feb. 29 at 11:59 p.m. PST
Want to take it to the next level? Fares booked through this sale also qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass – whether you book using cash or points! That means you could score a deeply discounted ticket and then bring your companion for nearly free, paying only the taxes and fees on the ticket.
Southwest is out with yet another big sale, offering up to 30% off many flights within the continental U.S. through much of the spring. And you can save a ton whether you're paying cash or using points!
This sale could be your ticket to a cheap ski trip to the Rockies or some great hiking this spring, no matter where you live. You can even modify your existing Southwest reservations to save even more with this sale.
But be sure to book by this Thursday, Feb. 29 before midnight PST when this Southwest sale ends!