Fall and winter travel planning is in full swing. Southwest Airlines' latest sale could help you get somewhere for less.
Southwest just launched its latest sale, teasing one-way fare as low as $59. These low rates are available for travel from Oct. 4 all the way through Feb. 15 – just be sure to book by Oct. 3, when this sale ends. And keep in mind that travel around Thanksgiving (from Nov. 17 to Nov. 29) and Christmas and New Year's (Dec. 16 through Jan. 2, 2023) won't benefit from this sale.
There's no need to enter promo codes or dig through your inbox to get these low fares. Just head to the Southwest sale page and pick your home airport – or simply pull up Southwest's low fare calendar to get a month-long view and find the best deals.
This is a window to score some massive savings for travel this fall and into the winter. The deals vary wildly from airport to airport, but we're seeing some stellar fares like…
- Chicago-Midway (MDW) to Nashville (BNA) for $59 each way
- Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) to Chicago-Midway (MDW) for $71 each way
- California airports to Honolulu (HNL) or Maui (OGG) for $129 each way
- Austin (AUS) to New Orleans (MSY) from $59 each way
And many more. And since using Southwest Rapid Rewards points hinges on the cash price, these lower fares mean you could get an even better deal using points and miles to book a Southwest flight this year or early next.
Keep reading to see how it's done.
How to Score Savings on Southwest
It really doesn't get any easier than this.
Here's what you need to know to take advantage:
- Head to the Southwest sale page or Southwest Low Fare Calendar to start searching
- Lowest prices are Wanna Get Away fares, which can be changed or canceled for a travel credit for free
- Also applies to award fares booked using Southwest Rapid Rewards points (remember, Southwest is a Chase transfer partner!)
- Eligible for travel from Oct. 4 through Feb. 15
- Blackout dates between Nov. 17 to Nov. 29 and again from Dec. 16 to Jan. 2, 2023.
- Must book by Oct. 3 at 11:59 p.m. CST
- 21-day advance purchase required
Want to take it to the next level? Fares booked through this sale also qualify for the Southwest companion pass – whether you book using cash or points! That means you could score a deeply discounted ticket and then bring your companion for nearly free, paying only the taxes and fees on the ticket.
Southwest is out with its latest sale, offering discounted fares across the country for as low as $59 each way through the fall and winter.
While Thanksgiving and winter holiday travel misses the cut, there still could be some solid savings here on Southwest flights. Be sure to book by Oct. 3 before this Southwest sale ends!