SoFi Money has been pushing to become a mainstay in travelers’ wallets with a new debit card offering no ATM fees or foreign transaction fees worldwide. It gets even sweeter, with a $50 sign-up bonus and $50 for each friend you refer.
And now there’s a new partnership to save you money on Lyft.
Our friends at The Flight Deal just shared SoFi Money’s new partnership with Lyft, and it’s a pretty sweet deal. You’ll get 20% cashback on all Lyft rides between now and Feb. 18, 2020 when you pay with SoFi Money. It’s time to link your SoFi Money account you use for travel to your Lyft account and earn 20% back!
Thrifty Tip: Don’t have SoFi Money yet? Save during your travels by taking out foreign currency abroad with no ATM fees and no foreign transaction fees worldwide. It’s free to sign up and get the SoFi debit card.
What is SoFi Money?
SoFi Money boasts a fee-free online account service. Here are all of the perks that come along with a SoFi account:
- No account fees
- ATM fees reimbursed worldwide
- No foreign transaction fees
- No overdraft fees
- No hard credit pull when you apply
- Transfer money via mobile from major U.S. banks or check deposit
- $50 sign up bonus when you deposit $100 or more
To make sure you get the $50 sign up bonus, here is what you need to do:
- Use a referral link, the only way to get the bonus.
- Sign up for a checking account
- Deposit $100
- A $50 bonus will be deposited into your account in 1-2 days!
- Refer friends and family and earn $50 for each referral!
Use our referral link to get $50! (we earn $50 too.)
Once you have a SoFi Money account, you can earn $50 for every single friend, family member, or that coworker a few offices down you refer after you sign up for an account. This is a no-brainer and the $50 cash posts within 24 hours of the approved referral. The $50 referral link is in your profile within the SoFi phone app. Read more about setting up your SoFi Money account.
How to Get 20% Cash Back on Lyft Rides with SoFi
This new partnership sweetens the deal of holding a SoFi debit card even more. This allows you to earn up to $1,000 cash back on Lyft rides when you pay with Sofi.
Got a SoFi Money account, and ready to earn that cash back? Here’s how to link your account:
1. Open your Lyft app (Don’t have the app yet? Download it here.)
2. Click on the icon in the top lefthand side of the app to pull up the dashboard. From here, select “Payment.”
3. Select “Add card.”
4. Add your SoFi Money debit card to your Lyft account here. Be sure to save it as your default payment method so you don’t have to select it each time.
5. Ta-da! For each Lyft ride you pay for with your SoFi Money debit card, you’ll receive 20% cash back into your SoFi Money account.
This promotion is good through Feb. 18, 2020. Earn some major cash back when you Lyft to holiday parties, New Years’ Eve plans, and everything else this holiday season.
SoFi Money has quickly become a must-have for travelers. Don’t pass this awesome partnership between SoFi and Lyft up! Start saving on Lyft rides while you can!
Lead photo courtesy of SoFi Money
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.