If you've ever wanted to visit the white-sand and crystal-blue waters of the Maldives on a budget, this is your ticket. And you can score an incredible deal to go to the Maldives all the way through 2022!
Travelzoo is back with another outstanding travel package, selling a five-night stay for two at the Furaveri Maldives starting at just $699 for a beach villa, or $999 for a coveted overwater villa. And yes, the Maldives are already open to U.S. travelers.
But the best part about these vouchers is that they're available to book all the way through Dec. 18, 2022 – and it's fully refundable! Buy your voucher now and reserve your stay later, or get your money back if you decide not to go.
We haven't personally stayed at the Furaveri Maldives, but the reviews are quite good. It may be no St. Regis Maldives Vommuli or have a spot among the most luxurious resorts in the Maldives, and there are a some dings on service and small complaints about rooms. But this is one of the best prices we've ever seen for a stay in the Maldives, period. These packages add up to at least $1,300 in savings – if not much more.
Booking through Travelzoo also comes with a lot of extra goodies, including a free daily breakfast buffet and a sunset cruise. You can also choose to upgrade to an all-inclusive package with all meals and unlimited drinks (including alcohol) – huge expenses in the Maldives – for another $1,000. Those packages also come with a free island excursion and other perks.
You can extend your stay starting at another $139 per night. The one big expense that's not included is the $400 per adult ($200 per child 2-12) seaplane transfer from Male (MLE) – an unavoidable part of going to the Maldives.
Here's a look at what each Furaveri Maldives package includes:
- Five nights for two people:
- $699 in a beach villa
- $999 in a water villa
- $1,995 in an ocean pool villa
- Daily buffet breakfast
- One bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival
- One sunset cruise per person, per stay
- Free use of snorkeling equipment
- For another $1,000, upgrade to an all-inclusive package (includes unlimited alcoholic drinks) and extras like a half-day island excursion
- All taxes and fees included (except a $6 per day green tax per person)
Trying to fly to the Maldives for cheap, too? Sign up for Thrifty Traveler Premium and wait for a flight deal, then book your hotel stay! Or use American AAdvantage miles to fly Qatar Airways – including Qsuites!
Great Flexibility Through 2022
One of the best parts of this deal is that it's a voucher, so you don't have to lock in your dates right away. Check-in any day through Dec. 18, 2022 with no black-out dates. To reserve your stay, Travelzoo states:
The number of rooms available at this discounted rate is limited and dates may sell out; we highly recommend booking as early as possible to get your desired dates. All reservations must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival or by Nov. 23, 2022 at the latest.
This gives you ultimate flexibility. If you can't find dates that work for you or you can't travel, this voucher is fully refundable through December 2022. We've used Travelzoo in the past and canceling a voucher for a full cash refund was quick and easy.
Once the room is reserved with the hotel, changes must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival or the voucher will not be refundable.
There are a few other details to know:
- Book with Travelzoo for the biggest savings
- All taxes and fees are included in the price except for a $6 per person per night green tax
- Multiple vouchers can be combined to stay for longer, or add nights starting at $139 each.
- You can add third adult for $60 more per night
- Children 1 year old and younger stay free, children 2-12 are $60 per night
- Maximum occupancy is 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
- Fully refundable up through December 2022
- Travel through Dec. 18, 2022
- Roundtrip seaplane transfers are $400 per adult, $200 per child 2-12 years old
If you want to do the Maldives for cheap, this is the way to do it. Combine these huge savings with the ultimate flexibility to reserve a stay as far out as December 2022 or cancel and get your money back, and it's tough to beat.
If you're looking for the ultimate Maldives luxury experience at a top resort, this deal might not be for you. But if you want to check out the Maldives and still have a blast, this is the thrifty way to do it.
All photos courtesy of Travelzoo