JetBlue launched its revamped TrueBlue loyalty program Wednesday, overhauling its elite status tiers and offering more ways for travelers to earn rewards with the airline.
The New York-based airline announced the changes to its TrueBlue program a while ago, but they didn't go live until today. With the new TrueBlue program, JetBlue now has four levels of elite status and a different way of earning for members to earn it. And for the first time, TrueBlue members who haven't hit Mosaic will still be able to access some of the perks usually reserved for fliers with status.
Nothing is changing with TrueBlue points, though. Members will still be able to earn and redeem points as they did before, albeit with a few new options for racking up even more points.
Read on for everything you need to know about JetBlue's new TrueBlue loyalty program.
Get JetBlue Mosaic Status By Earning Tiles
Mosaic is JetBlue's status program. Rather than racking up a certain number of qualifying TrueBlue points to reach Mosaic status, travelers now have to earn a certain number of what JetBlue calls “tiles.” You get 1 tile for every $100 you spend with the airline or for every $1,000 you spend on a JetBlue credit card.
To earn Mosaic status going forward, TrueBlue members need to earn at least 50 tiles – equivalent to spending $5,000 on JetBlue flights or qualifying purchases, $50,000 in purchases on a JetBlue credit card, or a mix of both.
But TrueBlue members will get benefits for earning tiles even before they hit the number needed for Mosaic status.
More Rewards on Your Way to Status
One of the most exciting changes with the new TrueBlue program is that JetBlue is offering a way for members to get some status-level rewards before they even reach Mosaic status.
For every 10 tiles you earn (up to 50), you'll get to choose one of the following TrueBlue “Perks You Pick.”
- Early boarding (unless you book a Blue Basic basic economy ticket)
- Priority security at dozens of airports
- A complimentary alcoholic drink on each flight
- 2x points bonus when booking one JetBlue vacation package
- 5,000 bonus JetBlue points
TrueBlue members will get to select an additional perk when they hit 20, 30, and 40 tiles. Once they earn 50 tiles, they'll reach the first level of Mosaic status and automatically receive all the benefits on that list, as well as others.
The ability for members who don't have status to access status-level perks is something you won't find with most other airline loyalty programs. It's a definite benefit for the occasional JetBlue fliers – and also a surefire way to keep them spending with the airline.
Additional Status Tiers & Perks
JetBlue has revamped its Mosaic status tiers. There are now four levels of Mosaic status. To earn status going forward, you'll need to earn at least 50 tiles, and up to 250 to reach the highest status tier.
There are new benefits at each level of Mosaic status, from free checked bags and priority boarding to free flight certificates and additional legroom.
Here's a breakdown of what you get at each level of JetBlue status.
Mosaic 1 – 50 tiles
- Two free checked bags
- Complimentary beer, wine, and liquor
- Up to 7″ more legroom at no extra charge if available at check-in
- Same-day switches
- Mosaic boarding
- Priority security
- Dedicated check-in
- Dedicated support line and priority chat assistance
- Heathrow Express upgrade
Mosaic 2 – 100 tiles
- Up to 7” more legroom at no extra charge during booking on every JetBlue-operated flight (pending availability)
Mosaic 3 – 150 tiles
- Four certificates that let you book any cabin, then move to JetBlue Mint at no extra charge (pending availability)
- Transatlantic routes require 2 certificates, per person, per segment, while all other routes require 1 certificate per person, per segment, to move to Mint
Mosaic 4 – 250 tiles
- Two more certificates that let you book any cabin, then move to Mint at no extra charge (pending availability).
- Credits for 4 one-way BLADE Airport helicopter transfers between Manhattan and JFK or EWR airports.
Also new: JetBlue now lets most status holders customize their perks to how they want to travel. For each level of Mosaic status, members will get to select an additional benefit from the list of “Perks You Pick,” including the following:
- FoundersCard Blue Membership – 150+ premium travel, business, and lifestyle benefits created exclusively for Mosaic members
- Pet fee waiver to fly with your cat or small dog on eligible JetBlue flights at no extra charge
- A one-time $99 statement credit for the JetBlue Plus or Business Card
- Get (or gift) a 20-tile bonus to reach the next status level faster
- 15,000 bonus TrueBlue points
- Priority access to Mint Suite selection on select aircraft
JetBlue has been teasing its revamped TrueBlue loyalty program for months, and now it's officially live.
One of the biggest changes is that TrueBlue members who haven't yet reached status with JetBlue have a way to earn status-level perks like complimentary drinks, early boarding, and bonus frequent flyer points. It's clearly a move to get more travelers engaging with their loyalty program, but it's a big plus for more casual fliers that you won't find with many other airlines.