Get $30 Off on $60+ Amazon Purchases with Amex Membership Rewards [Targeted]
This might just be the easiest way to save $30 you’ll ever find. American Express cardholders can easily save $30 on purchases of $60 or more from Amazon.
Amazon and American Express occasionally team up for these promos – they had an identical promotion around Black Friday. All you need to do is link your Amex Membership Reward-earning credit card to your Amazon account. Add $60 or more in items sold by Amazon to your cart, apply a single Membership Reward point and you’ll get the $30 discount.
This promotion is targeted, but it seems fairly widely available to American Express cardholders. The promotion terms state cardholders who have used American Express points toward an Amazon purchase in the last 12 months won’t be eligible, but that’s definitely not the case.
Amazon says this promotion runs all the way through December 2019, so there is time. But these offers can disappear faster so don’t wait too long. Here’s how it works:
How to Get $30 Off Your Amazon Order
- First things first, you need an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points. Co-branded Delta cards or hotel chain cards won’t do the trick.
- You’ll need to link your Membership Rewards account with Amazon, which you can do by clicking here.
- The most important step: See if you’re eligible by heading to the promo page.
- Add $60 of items to your Amazon cart. These items must be sold and shipped by Amazon to qualify for the discount. Check on the item page or in your cart – here’s what to look for:
- When you’re ready to check out, choose your American Express card as payment and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points. For the best value, just type in “.01” under “Apply American Express Membership Rewards Points.” This will put a single point and unlock the $30 discount.
- Finish your purchase and save $30!
Make sure to check your payment method after you take advantage of this deal and before making a future purchase. A few members of the Thrifty Traveler team used this promo and the next time they tried making a purchase on Amazon, the payment method defaulted to paying entirely with Membership Rewards.
This offer is an easy way to save $30 if you have shopping to do at Amazon. Check to see if you’re eligible for the discount!
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.