As the 2020 Summer Olympics approach, Japan Airlines is getting creative with a brand new promotion. The airline will give away 50,000 round-trip tickets for flights within Japan this summer!
Japan Airlines announced the promotion last night. It will open applications for the free tickets in late February, for travel between July 1 and Sept. 30. Only visitors to Japan are eligible for these free flights.
It's a novel way to get tourists out to see more of the country – and spend more money there, too. The Summer Olympics begin July 24 and end Aug. 9, 2020.
Want to get to Japan for the Olympics? Read our guide on how to get the best deal on flights.
The free flights will depart from either Tokyo-Haneda (HND) or Osaka (KIX/ITM). There are a handful of other restrictions and considerations around this promotion:
- You can apply as a group of up to four
- Your entry in the promotion allows you to choose your departure location and time windows for the free flights
- Japan Airlines will show you four possible destinations for your free flights before you enter; refresh your application and you'll see different options
- If you're chosen, Japan Airlines will reveal your final destination three days later
- 50,000 round-trip tickets will be available
Applications for this promotion don't open for another two months or so, so you've got time to daydream. Just bookmark Japan Airlines' promotional page and stay tuned for when the rush for free flights begins!
What a brilliant promotion. Japan will likely see a huge tourism boost this summer as the Summer Games begin. From Okinawa to Hokkaido, this promotion will get thousands of travelers out into new places.