Starbucks is Offering 3 months of Free Spotify Premium
Starbucks has certainly not had a shortage of headlines to start 2016. Back in February, they announced major changes to their Starbucks Rewards loyalty program, much to the displeasure of their most loyal customers. Back in January, Starbucks announced a partnership with Spotify which allowed customers to engage with the music being played over the loudspeakers at over 7,500 Starbucks stores worldwide. Spotify users are now able to add music playing in stores and even influence Starbucks’ future playlists by liking songs via the Spotify service.
Starbucks is so convinced that music streaming will be part of the future of their brand that they recently announced they are giving away 3 free months of Spotify premium service to all Starbucks Rewards members who have not already had or tried the premium service through May 15th. If you are a Starbucks Rewards member, you should have also received an email from Starbucks this week with a Starbucks Rewards code to earn 125 bonus stars (the equivalent of 1 free menu item) once you activate the service.
If you are not familiar with Spotify, you are certainly missing out. It really is the future of music as Mr. TT details on the products/services page. Premium service costs a flat $9.99 a month, but allows you to stream almost any artist (besides Mr. TT’s beloved Taylor Swift). Spotify also allows you to listen to your music and playlists while offline on almost any device. This is extremely useful for travel as you often have your device in airplane mode. Premium service has no advertisements and also lets you listen to your music in high definition sound.
Thrifty Tip #1: Use your Chase Sapphire Preferred card while dining at Starbucks to earn 2X points on dining & restaurants.
If you don’t already have the Spotify premium service, this is a great opportunity to give it a try (before May 15th). The trial is risk free and allows you to cancel the premium service after 3 months if you are not satisfied at no cost. These promotional offers is how they hooked both Mr. TT and I! You may find it hard to live without the service once you get accustomed to it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
- 50k Ultimate Rewards bonus after $4,000 spend in 3 months ($625 or more towards travel)
- Points can be used to book $625 worth of flight deals directly through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards portal
- 2x points on travel and dining at restaurants, 1x points everywhere else
- No annual fee the first year, then $95
- No foreign transactions fees
- Named a ‘Best Credit Card’ for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- Earn 5k bonus points after you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months
- The best uses of Ultimate Rewards and a listing of travel partners.