If you don’t think you can get to your bucket list destination from your city, we have news for you! Anything is possible with the right flight deal. From the big airports like Los Angeles (LAX) to the tiny ones like Lincoln, Nebraska (LNK), we found cheap flights from almost every single U.S. airport in the last month that will blow your mind.
This month, we were shocked by rare nonstop fares to Hawaii, a mistake fare to Tokyo for the Olympics, huge savings to South America, fares to tropical islands under $200 (yes, that’s roundtrip!), and so much more.
Many of these international flight deals are already gone. But if you don’t want to miss out on the next ones we find, try Thrifty Traveler Premium free for 14 days (and then just $45 per year) to get in on this flight deal madness.
Here’s a taste of just how cheap things have gotten for international flights based on the 100+ deals we found in the past month. Which of these deals has you dreaming of your next adventure?
1. $2000 off Mistake Fare to Japan for the Summer Olympics
Are the summer Olympics on your bucket list? Premium members’ dreams came true when we found a Premium Economy mistake fare to all Japanese cities for thousands off.
This mistake fare was for Premium Economy on 5-star Japan Airlines, one of our favorite airlines. JAL Premium Economy fares include priority boarding, more legroom, wider seats with footrests, better meals, free checked bags, and seat assignment. Oh, and you even get lounge access in Tokyo! Now that’s how you show up to the Olympics in style.
This is a wildly cheap fare compared to economy fares that usually cost $1,500+ from many airport, let alone Premium Economy fares that usually cost close to $3,000! Premium member Jamie F. booked this deal from Atlanta to Tokyo during peak summer for $883 She said: “This same trip the next day was $2,600!”
2. Rare Half-Off Fares to the Galapagos Islands
Want to visit a part of the world many know of, but few get to see? This half-off flight deal to the Galapagos Islands is exactly what you’re looking for. Visit the island we all remember from Darwin lessons in school and see giant tortoises, sea lions, iguanas, penguins, albatross, and so much more.
This is a truly rare flight deal to one of the top bucket list destinations for adventurers! Normally over $1,000, we found this deal for just under $600, and only one connection required.
Thrifty Tip: Don’t live in New York? Don’t worry! For unreal fares like this, you could have booked a cheap positioning flight to take advantage of this deal.
3. Hundreds off Flights to Hawaii from 75+ U.S. Cities
No more hoping and wishing for a cheap flight to Hawaii: we found a deal saving Premium members hundreds on their island getaway! While we found nonstop fares from the west coast as low as $230 roundtrip, we uncovered flights from most U.S. cities for under $600 roundtrip.
If you think we only find flight deals for the major cities and hub airports, we have good news: We find flight deals from over 130 U.S. airports, likely including yours! It’s not just the big cities that benefit from flight deals – whether you’re in a small town, a huge city, or just prefer to beat the traffic and fly out of a regional airport, we find flight deals from them all. Here’s a few of the 75+ cities we found cheap Hawaii fares from this month:
- Albuquerque (ABQ) – $355
- Anchorage (ANC) – $409
- Austin (AUS) – $475
- Burbank (BUR) – $355
- Cincinnati (CVG) – $484
- Colorado Springs (COS) – $513
- Edmonton (YEG) – $370
- Fargo (FAR) – $581
- Kansas City (MCI) – $496
- Las Vegas (LAS) – $355
- Memphis (MEM) – $504
- Minneapolis (MSP) – $519
- Missoula (MSO) – $438
- Oklahoma City (OKC) – $518
- Phoenix (PHX) – $329
- Reno (RNO) – $356
- Rochester (RST) – $548
- Tucson (TUS) – $356
- Vancouver (YVR) – $295*
This was Premium member Megan O.’s first flight deal she’s booked that we’ve found and is excited about the savings on a nonstop fare from Minneapolis to the Hawaiian islands.
4. Europe…Under $200 Roundtrip?!
Yes, you read that right! This past month, we found nonstop flights to Europe for as low as $191…roundtrip. With this flight deal, you could fly from Boston, Chicago, or NYC to Spain, France, Norway, or Italy for less than $298 roundtrip! It doesn’t get much cheaper than this, folks.
Thrifty Tip: One of our top tips to Premium members is to think outside the (hometown) box! Add a few major airport hubs to your departure city preferences and book a cheap positioning flight to take advantage of wild deals like this.
5. $600+ Off Flights to Africa
Dreaming of Cape Town or Johannesburg? Is a safari or seeing elephants, gorillas, zebras, and monkeys in the wild on your bucket list? It’s never been cheaper to fly to Africa — now is the time to book!
Typically, roundtrip flights to Africa will cost you close to $1,400. This past month, we found roundtrip flights to:
- Lagos, Nigeria from $667
- Cape Town, South Africa for $597
- Johannesburg, South Africa from $639
- Nairobi, Kenya from 25 cities, ALL under $636
- Mount Kilimanjaro from $574
These are over half off to some true bucket list destinations!
…and much more.
We found 100+ international flight deals this past month alone, and we’re busy finding the best deals of February now! Here’s a look at just a few of the other flight deals we found this past month:
- 25+ cities to the Cayman Islands from $222 (inc’l nonstop – Was: $500)
- Newark to Athens, Greece for $297 (United – Was: $700)
- 40 cities to Anchorage, Alaska: ALL under $400 (inc’l summer)
- ATL / MSP / SLC / SEA to Spain from $477 (inc’l summer – Was: $850)
- 4 cities to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from $476 (inc’l summer – Was: $1200)
- Delta SkyMiles Flash Sale to the Caribbean & Mexico from 10k R/T (Was: 35k+ SkyMiles)
- 4 cities to Chiang Mai, Thailand from $615 (5-star airlines – Was: $1000)
- 20+ cities to Turks and Caicos: ALL under $394 (Was: $550)
- [NONSTOP] HNL & LAX to Auckland, New Zealand under $698 (PEAK SUMMER – Was: $1200)
- Nationwide to Tahiti: ALL under $900
- [BIZ CLASS] 55+ cities to Havana, Cuba: ALL under $600
- 10 cities to Scandinavia from $353 (Early summer / Icelandair – Was: $975)
- 8 cities to Rome, Italy from $325 (Was: $650)
- 100+ cities to Vancouver, British Columbia: ALL under $345 (Was: $550)
- 20+ cities to London, England: ALL under $492 (inc’l nonstop – Was: $750)
- 20 cities to Cancún, Mexico: ALL under $348 (Was: $500)
- 80+ cities to Reykjavik, Iceland from $363 (inc’l summer – Was: $850)
- 9 cities to Bangkok, Thailand from $709 (Was: $1350)
- 7 cities to Buenos Aires, Argentina from $614 (Was: $1300)
- 12 cities to Berlin, Germany: ALL under $568 (Was: $800)
- 30+ cities to Costa Rica: ALL under $399 (inc’l nonstop – Was: $600)
- 70+ cities to San Juan, Puerto Rico: ALL under $392 (Was: $550)
- 30+ cities to Belize City, Belize: ALL under $398 (Was: $550)
If these flight deals have you in shock, it’s time to stop paying too much for airfare. 2020 is the year to cross those bucket list destinations off your list … for less!
All of these deals were discovered by our team and sent out to Premium subscribers. If you’re looking for up to 90% off airfare, sign up for Thrifty Traveler Premium and get instant notification of the international flight deals we find.