Chase and Southwest Airlines are out with a huge new offer on the Southwest Airlines Performance Business Credit Card! This one won’t be for everyone, but it doesn’t get much better than this.
Why? This massive new credit card offer can net you up to 125,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points as well as the coveted Southwest Airlines Companion Pass in one fell swoop. If you own a business and can spend up to $25,000 in the first six months of card membership, you’ll want to give this a hard look.
Read on for more details.
The Southwest Performance Business Card
- Sign-Up Bonus – Earn 70,000 Rapid Rewards points after spending $5,000 within the first three months of card membership. Further, you can earn another 30,000 bonus points after spending a total of $25,000 in the first six months of card membership (another 55,000 Rapid Rewards, after factoring in the spending). That adds up to 125,000 Southwest points
- Earn the Southwest Companion Pass – By earning at least 125,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points in a single year, you’ll earn the Southwest Companion Pass. It’s good for the year you earn it and the entire following calendar year!
- Anniversary Bonus – Each year on your cardmember anniversary, you will receive 9,000 Rapid Rewards points.
- Priority Boarding – Each cardmember anniversary, you will receive four upgraded boarding positions. Simply purchase an upgrade on the day of your travel with the Priority card. You’ll receive a boarding number between A1 and A15, and be reimbursed via statement credit within eight weeks
- Inflight Wi-Fi credits – Receive up to 365, $8 Wifi credits to use for travel on Southwest. That means free Wi-Fi any time you fly with Southwest
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Reimbursement – Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck once every four years.
- 3x Rapid Rewards Points per dollar spent on purchases with Southwest Airlines
- 2x Rapid Rewards Points per dollar spent on social media and search engine advertising, Internet, cable and phone services
- 1x Rapid Rewards Points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Chase 5/24 Rule – The card will be subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, so you may not be approved for the card depending on how many credit cards you’ve opened in the last two years.
- Annual Fee – The card has an annual fee of $199, which is not waived for the first year of card membership.
Click Here to get more information on the Southwest Airlines Performance Business Credit Card
This is the largest signup bonus offer ever offered from a Southwest credit card. And if you can meet the spending requirement, you’ll earn the 125,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points required to earn the coveted Southwest Companion Pass, one of the best deals in all of travel.
With the pass, you’ll earn a buy one get one free pass on any route Southwest flies for both the year you earn it and the entire following year.
And if you often travel on Southwest, the Wi-Fi credits offered from the card could pay for the card pretty quickly. But of course, this card, like all Chase cards is impacted by the dreaded 5/24 rule, so this is something to consider when applying for any Chase card.
Pair with a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve
If you often fly Southwest, any of their co-branded cards make great companion cards to either the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred cards. That’s because Chase Ultimate Rewards points, the points these cards earn, can be transferred into your Southwest Rapid Rewards account on a 1:1 basis instantly (1 Chase point = 1 Southwest Rapid Reward point).
Click Here to learn more about the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
Click Here to learn more about the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card.
And this new offer is different, too. It’s the biggest sign-up bonus we’ve ever seen, and can unlock the coveted Companion Pass in one fell swoop.
While this will only make sense for business owners that can meet the larger spending requirement, it’s still a very lucrative offer.