Earn 70K Points with the Southwest Performance Business Card
Back in June, Chase and Southwest Airlines rolled out a new co-branded business credit card dubbed the Chase Southwest Performance Business Card.
Boasting a $199 annual fee, this new card is essentially a premium version of the existing Southwest Premier business card. And it’s got the premium perks to match.
Read on for more details.
The Southwest Performance Business Card
- Sign-Up Bonus – Earn 70,000 Rapid Rewards points after spending $5,000 within the first three months of card membership.
- Anniversary Bonus – Each year on your cardmember anniversary, you will receive 9,000 Rapid Rewards points.
- Priority Boarding – Each cardmember anniversary, you will receive four upgraded boarding positions. Simply purchase an upgrade on the day of your travel with the Priority card. You’ll receive a boarding number between A1 and A15, and be reimbursed via statement credit within eight weeks.
- Inflight Wifi credits – Receive up to 365, $8 Wifi credits to use for travel on Southwest. That means free Wifi any time you fly with Southwest.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Reimbursement – Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck once every four years.
- 3x Rapid Rewards Points – Per dollar spent on purchases with Southwest Airlines
- 2x Rapid Rewards Points – On social media and search engine advertising, Internet, cable and phone services
- 1x Rapid Rewards Points – On all other spending
- Chase 5/24 Rule – The card will be subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, so you may not be approved for the card depending on how many credit cards you’ve opened in the last two years.
- Annual Fee – The card has an annual fee of $199 and it is not waived for the first year of card membership.
Click Here to get more information on the Southwest Performance Business Card
This is the largest signup bonus offer ever offered from a Southwest credit card.
That makes it clear this card is meant to be a more premium version of the existing Southwest Premier business card meant to give business owners who often fly Southwest options. This doesn’t come as a huge surprise as Chase rolled out the personal Southwest Priority Card last summer with similar benefits on the personal side.
If you often travel on Southwest, the WiFi credits offered from the card could pay for the card pretty quickly. And, with a 70,000 point signup bonus, it can easily be your fast track to earning the Southwest Companion Pass, assuming you are able to get approved for a Chase business card.
And of course, this card, like all Chase cards is impacted by the dreaded 5/24 rule, so this is something to consider when applying for any Chase card.
Pair with a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve
If you often fly Southwest, any of their co-branded cards make great companion cards to either the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred cards. That’s because Chase Ultimate Rewards points, the points these cards earn, can be transferred into your Southwest Rapid Rewards account on a 1:1 basis instantly (1 Chase Point = 1 Southwest Rapid Reward Point).
Click Here to learn more about the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
Click Here to learn more about the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Southwest is one of our favorite airlines, and that’s because they’re different.
I love that you get two free checked bags, no cancellation or change fees, and the airline doesn’t sell basic economy. This new card is great because it’s the highest ever offer. If you are a business owner who often flies with Southwest, take a hard look.
But don’t wait on applying as the offer expires on Wednesday, October 16.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.