[Limited Time Offer] 80K bonus points with Chase Ink Business Preferred
Chase bank recently announced a new business product and they are offering an increased sign-up bonus of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards Points points for the Chase Ink Business Preferred card. This new card replaces the prior Chase Ink Business Plus, which featured a smaller 60,000 point sign-up bonus. The new features of the Ink Business Preferred include 3x points on all travel as well as advertising on social media. I am a cardholder of the Ink Business Plus, and I’m very interested in doing a product change to the new Ink Business Preferred. The 3 times multiplier for travel & advertising expense is a game changer.
Chase Ink Business Preferred Benefits:
- Sign-up bonus of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 3X points per $1 on the first $150k spent annually on Travel, Shipping Purchases, Internet, Cable, Phone, and Advertising made with social media sites and search engines.
- Earn 1X point per $1 on all other purchases, with no limits on how much you can earn.
- 1:1 point transfers to leading frequent travel programs
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
I’m a big fan of the Chase Sapphire Preferred and the Chase Sapphire Reserve, as you earn Ultimate Rewards points which are flexible and transferable to the programs listed below. The flexibility of the Ultimate Rewards program allows you to choose when and how you want to use the points and you aren’t tied to just one airline or hotel program. In addition, the multipliers for the various categories rack up points even faster.
Thrifty Tip #1: Already have the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve card? You can pool all your miles with the new Chase Ink Business Preferred.
Thrifty Tip #2: Anyone who runs a small business can apply for this card. Don’t have a formal business? Apply as a sole-proprietorship and enter your social security number. I have applied and been approved for my eBay business. You will be required to call in to be approved (1-800-453-9719).
Thrifty Tip #3: TT reader Phillip E. commented on another post that he was able to apply for the Chase Ink Plus Business card by using his SSN in the place of the Employer Identification Number and Chase had a few questions and he was approved very quickly. His “business” makes little to no money and yet he was still able to get approved.
The Dreaded 5/24
Chase has cracked down on applications for many of their cards including the Chase Sapphire and the Chase Ink business cards. You will not be approved if you have had 5 or more credit cards from any bank in the past 24 months.
The bonus from the Chase Ink card goes along way towards covering your next travel expenses. The ability to pool your other Ultimate Rewards points also makes a great opportunity to bolster your points balances. The 80,000 bonus won’t be around forever so I’d apply sooner rather than later.
Chase Ink Business Preferred
- 80k Ultimate Rewards points after $5,000 spend in 3 months ($500 or more towards travel)
- Annual fee of $95
- 3x Points on Travel, Shipping Purchases, Internet, Cable, Phone, and Advertising on social media
- 1x Points on all other spending (no limit)
- 1:1 points transfers to leading frequent travel programs
- No foreign transaction fees