Earn up to 70K AA Miles with Citi’s Increased Platinum Select Card Offers
Citi has announced an increased sign up bonus for both the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard and the Citibusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard.
For a limited time, you can earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months of card membership on the personal version of the card. With the CitiBusiness card, you can earn 70,000 miles after spending $4,000 in the first three months of card membership.
These are great offers that can open up a world of free travel if you play your cards right. Make sure to read our post on 4 Ways to Use Your American Airlines Increased Sign-up Bonus Offer to learn just how far these miles can get you.
- 2x AAdvantage miles on all American Airlines purchases
- 2x AAdvantage miles at telecommunications merchants, car rental merchants, and gas stations (Citibusiness Card Only).
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent at gas stations & restaurants (Personal Card Only)
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year (Personal Card Only)
- $99 annual fee is waived the first year
Before applying for any Citi credit cards, it is important to understand their application rules and limitations. You are only able to apply for one Citi card every eight. You can apply for no more than two Citi cards every 65 days.
There is no hard limit on the amount of open Citi credit cards you can have, but these rules are always enforced. On top of this restriction, you will not be eligible for the bonus on any Citi card if you have opened or closed the same card in the past 24 months.
This is a great offer and an easy way to rack up American AAdvantage miles, which are always great to have. From short flights within the U.S. to great partner flights like Qatar, Japan Airlines, and Etihad, there are tons of options.
There is no expiration date on this offer listed, but don’t wait if you’re interested.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.