Citi Announces Increased Offers up to 70k Miles on AA Platinum Select Cards
[Update] This offer is now expired. Current offers can be found on our Top Credit Cards page.
Citi has announced an increased sign up bonus for both the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard and the Citibusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard.
For a limited time, you will earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership, on the personal card and 70,000 miles after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months of card membership on the CitiBusiness card. These card offers can be found on our Top Credit Cards page.
These are great offers that can open up a world of free travel if you play your cards right. Make sure to read our post on 4 Ways to Use Your American Airlines Increased Sign-up Bonus Offer.
- 2x AAdvantage miles on all American Airlines purchases
- 2x AAdvantage miles at telecommunications merchants, car rental merchants, and gas stations (Citibusiness Card Only).
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent at gas stations & restaurants (Personal Card Only)
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year (Personal Card Only)
- $95 annual fee is waived the first year
- Card offers can be found on our Top Credit Cards page.
Before applying for any Citi credit cards, it is important to understand their application rules and limitations. You are only able to apply for one Citi card every 8 days, and further you can apply for no more than two Citi cards every 65 days.
There is no hard limit on the amount of open Citi credit cards you can have, but these rules are always enforced. On top of this restriction, you will not be eligible for the bonus on any Citi card if you have opened or closed the same card in the past 24 months.
This is a great offer and an easy way to rack up American AAdvantage miles which can be used in a variety of ways. Such as saver award space for transatlantic business class flights to Europe, or for flights on their partner airlines such as Qatar & Etihad. Another great feature is the 10% mileage rebate on the personal card. There is no expiration date on this offer listed, but if you are interested I wouldn’t wait. If you would like to apply for a credit card, visit our Top Credit Cards page.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.