Hilton Status Match for IHG Platinum Members
Photo: Conrad Maldives Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
There have been several data points on Reddit, indicating that IHG Platinum status holders have been able to match their IHG status to Hilton Diamond, which is Hilton’s top elite status. You don’t actually have to earn IHG Platinum status because it’s a perk of having the Chase IHG credit card! You can now earn Hilton Diamond elite status without ever staying a night at a Hilton property!
Although I do stay in Hilton properties from time to time, SPG and Hyatt have stronger loyalty programs. That being said, there is no reason not to status match!
How to Match:
- Visit Hilton HHonors Status match and attach a screenshot or photo of your current elite status, along with a screenshot of a recent hotel stay within the last 12 months
- If you don’t receive a response back in 10 days, make sure to email Hilton to follow up at [email protected].
- You’ll enjoy matched status through March 2018.
- 50% point bonus (25% for Gold)
- 48-hour room guarantee
- 5th night free on award stays (also available to Silver and Gold)
- Complimentary premium internet access
- Breakfast is included at Conrad, Curio, DoubleTree and Hilton hotels (also available to Gold)
- Late check out (also available to Silver and Gold)
- No charge for a second guest (also available to Silver and Gold)
- Complimentary fitness center access (also available to Silver and Gold)
- Room upgrades (also available to Gold)
- Executive lounge access
I’ve had Hilton Diamond elite status since December, when I was matched from SPG Platinum. I’m a big fan of the room upgrades and free breakfast. Hilton status is a great perk, and with the current 100k Hilton Amex offer, you can really leverage your new Hilton Diamond status!
Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express
- Get 100,000 Hilton HHonors Points after $3,000 spend within your first 3 months of Card Membership (Offer ends 05/04/2016)
- Get 12X Hilton HHonors Points for purchases at Hilton Properties
- Get 6X Hilton HHonors Points for purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations
- Get 3X Hilton HHonors Points for all other purchases
- As a Hilton HHonors Surpass Card Member, you’ll receive Hilton HHonors Gold status
- Spend $40k on on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn HHonors Diamond status through the end of the next year
Hilton HHonors Card from American Express
- 75,000 Hilton HHonors points after $1,000 in spend within your first three months.
- 7X HHonors points for purchases charged on your Card at Hilton properties.
- 5X HHonors points for purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations.
- 3X HHonors points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Enjoy complimentary Silver status with your Hilton HHonors Card.
- Spend $20k on your Card in a calendar year and earn HHonors Gold status.