Free National Executive Elite Status from Current Promo
Update: This offer is now expired
National Rental Car is offering free Executive Elite status just for enrolling as a new member or upgrading your existing membership in their Emerald Club loyalty program. This is a fantastic deal as Executive Elite status is the level above the Executive status that comes as a benefit of holding the American Express Platinum Card or the American Express Business Platinum card.
Additionally, if you make one rental and pay with any American Express card, you’ll earn 5 rental credits, which is enough for 1 free rental day.
- Earn National Rental Car Executive Elite status for either enrolling as a new member or upgrading your existing membership.
- Click Here for the link to either enroll or upgrade to Executive Elite. It will give you the option to either sign up or sign in.
- Offer valid for new & existing members enrolled in this promotion between 9/16/18 & 1/31/19.
- To be eligible for the free rental day offer, you must rent one time from National and pay with any American Express card.
- Rental day offer is valid at participating National Car Rental locations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Latin America, Caribbean, and in Europe, for National Car Rental brand reservations serviced by Enterprise.
- Executive Elite status is valid through 2/28/20. There is no requirement for booking your first rental, you just need to register for the promotion by 1/31/19.
- See the full terms and conditions of the promotion here.
This is a great offer and an easy one to take advantage of. I currently have National’s Executive status by way of the American Express Platinum Card. National Executive status allows you to book a mid-sized vehicle and then choose any vehicle in the Executive Aisle when you arrive.
It allows you to completely bypass the rental car counter which drastically speeds up the process of renting a car. I have had no issues getting a solid upgrade via the Executive Aisle every time I have used it. Executive Elite status will get you access to a more exclusive area with better vehicle options in locations that have an Executive Elite aisle.
It is worth noting that if you take advantage of the free rental day promotion and pay with your American Express card, you will be sacrificing the free primary insurance coverage that comes standard with car rentals booked with cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve. However, if you value the free rental day, that can certainly be worth it.
See the below image for a full list of benefits for National’s Executive Elite Status.
Even if you don’t have any immediate rental car needs, you should still register for this promotion (assuming you have an American Express card) as it is good through the end of February 2020. Enrolling only takes a few minutes and you can do so here.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.