Free Entrance to US National Parks This Week!
Photo: Glacier National Park, NPS/Tim Rains
The National Park Service turns 100 years old this year! On 16 days in ’16, all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee (over 127 parks) will offer free admission to everyone. This week through April 24th is National Park Week.
Thrifty Tip: Canada will be waiving all fees for their national parks in 2017!
Mark your calendar for these entrance fee–free dates in 2016:
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 16 through 24: National Park Week
- August 25 through 28: National Park Service Birthday
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
The United States has incredible National Parks. Check out the listing here. If you can’t swing a visit this week, make sure to plan your trip for August 25-28th, when the National Park Service will officially be celebrating its 100th birthday. You can’t beat free!