Register for Fast Track to Delta Status in 2016
Update 3/22/16: According to Flyertalk user notsosimple, only the following corporate firms are eligible for this promotion:
Accenture (Proquire) XX4G7
Bain & Company XX5P8
Boston Consulting Group XXC85
EY Global Services XXN27
KPMG LLP XX22N
Mckinsey & Company XXN79
The offer appears very straight forward:
- Sign-up @ Delta.com
- Fly 1 qualifying round-trip flight and get six months of Silver Medallion Status + 5k SkyMiles
- Fly 3 qualifying round-trip flight and get 12 months of Gold Medallion Status + 10k SkyMiles
- Fly 6 qualifying round-trip flight and get 12 months of Platinum Medallion Status + 10k SkyMiles
The challenge appears to be open to any member that doesn’t currently have status with Delta. You must complete the requirements within six months of registering.
This is worth is a try, and it’s an easy way to earn status! The terms state that tickets with Fare Classes, L, U, T, X, V, E are excluded from this offer, so make sure to check your fare class before booking!
There is also the following terms:
Qualifying Activity: Qualifying flights must be purchased via authorized company channels using a corporate ticket designator. If needed, please check with your corporate travel department to verify your company’s unique ticket designator and ticketing channels. Tickets purchased through any other ticketing source will not qualify.
There is no way to know if the terms of this offer will be enforced, but I’d say it’s worth a try if you already plan on flying Delta.
If you’re planning on flying Delta in the near future, you better be signing up for the challenge. Signing up is worth it for the extra SkyMiles alone. I’ve never seen an easier way to get airline status! Let’s hope they honor everyone signing up.
Other Delta Articles You Should Read:
- Guide to Booking Delta Award Tickets
- Which Points can be Transferred into Delta SkyMiles
- How to pay for Delta flights with SkyMiles
- Difference between SkyMiles and MQMs
- Save on GoGo In-flight Internet Access
H/T: The Points Guy