Expedite Your Way Through US Customs: MOBILE PASSPORT
If you’ve entered the United States in the last couple years you’ve probably experienced the expedited Automated Passport Control kiosks. Well now US Customs is further expediting things and allowing you to skip the line at the airport when entering the US with MOBILE PASSPORT. The FREE phone app for both Apple and Google phones, allows users to enter their passport and travel information, submit it electronically, and generate a receipt to show at customs and immigration checkpoints. The mobile app replaces the traditional blue-and-white paper declaration form required of all travelers entering the United States by air.
US and Canadian citizens (on B1 or B2 visas) are eligible to use MOBILE PASSPORT. Similar to the old blue-and-white paper declaration, household members who are traveling together may be included in a single submission.
How It Works:
1. Complete your profile with basic passport information.
2. Answer US CBP’s questions about your trip.
3. Submit your information WHEN YOU LAND and get a receipt from US CBP.
4. Skip the regular line and follow the signs for Mobile Passport Control.
5. Scan your receipt and show your passport to the US CBP officer.
MOBILE PASSPORT service is currently available at:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- William P. Hobby Houston International Airport (HOU)
- Los Angeles Internationa Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Seattle Sea-Tac Airport (SEA)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
This is great news for those of us not yet enrolled in the Global Entry program. I was even surprised to read positive reviews for MOBILE PASSPORT at the Apple Store online. Typically the government doesn’t release the best software but users overwhelmingly approve! Let’s hope they expand MOBILE PASSPORT to every airport soon.
Have you used MOBILE PASSPORT? Let us know in the comments below!