Expedite Your Way Through US Customs: MOBILE PASSPORT
If you’ve entered the United States in the last couple years you’ve probably experienced the expedited Automated Passport Control kiosks. Well now US Customs is further expediting things and allowing you to skip the line at the airport when entering the US with MOBILE PASSPORT. The FREE phone app for both Apple and Google phones, allows users to enter their passport and travel information, submit it electronically, and generate a receipt to show at customs and immigration checkpoints. The mobile app replaces the traditional blue-and-white paper declaration form required of all travelers entering the United States by air.
US and Canadian citizens (on B1 or B2 visas) are eligible to use MOBILE PASSPORT. Similar to the old blue-and-white paper declaration, household members who are traveling together may be included in a single submission.
How It Works:
1. Complete your profile with basic passport information.
2. Answer US CBP’s questions about your trip.
3. Submit your information WHEN YOU LAND and get a receipt from US CBP.
4. Skip the regular line and follow the signs for Mobile Passport Control.
5. Scan your receipt and show your passport to the US CBP officer.
MOBILE PASSPORT service is currently available at:
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
This is great news for those of us not yet enrolled in the Global Entry program. I was even surprised to read positive reviews for MOBILE PASSPORT at the Apple Store online. Typically the government doesn’t release the best software but users overwhelmingly approve! Let’s hope they expand MOBILE PASSPORT to every airport soon.
Have you used MOBILE PASSPORT? Let us know in the comments below!