[Last Day] Increased 100k Hilton Credit Card Sign-up Bonus
American Express recently announced an increased sign up bonus on the Hilton Honors Surpass credit card. New Hilton Honors Surpass Card Members will earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership. Hilton Surpass Card Members will also earn a free night on their Card Membership anniversary, which can offer incredible value. This is tied for the highest bonus ever offered for this card and ends Wednesday, October 4th.
Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
- Receive 100,000 Hilton Honors points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Free weekend night award after your first anniversary of Card Membership (almost any Hilton property)
- 12x points on purchases made directly with Hilton
- 6x points at US restaurants, US supermarkets, and US gas stations
- 3x points on all other purchases
- Complementary Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as you have the card
- After $40,000 in spend in a calendar year, you will earn Hilton Honors Diamond status.
- $75 Annual Fee (not waived for the first year)
Free Weekend Night
After your first anniversary with the card you will receive a free weekend night which is good at almost all Hilton properties. The value here could be huge. I’d recommend having a significant other apply for the card as well and book your two free weekend nights back to back to maximize the value. I’ve had good luck booking back to back and having them combine them into one reservation at check-in.
Current State of the Hilton Honors Program
Until recently, the Hilton Honors program has been viewed as subpar to many of the other hotel loyalty programs in the marketplace. However, Hilton has made several positive changes in the last year which are a step in the right direction. The most noteworthy changes are as follows:
- Pooling Points (since April 2017): You now have the option of pooling your points with friends and family members. This is a great option if you frequently travel with a spouse or significant other. My wife and I both applied for a Hilton credit card earlier this year and were able to pool our points.
- Points & Money: Hilton Honors members can now choose nearly any combination of Points and money using a new payment slider that starts at 5,000 Points. With this new perk, Points pricing will be more flexible, giving members the option to use their choice of Points on hotel stays, any time, with no blackout dates.
- Amazon Shop with Points (coming soon): You will soon have the ability to use Hilton Honors Points to shop at Amazon.com. We don’t yet know what the ratio on this will be, but typically it isn’t the best use of points. However, some will find value in this.
You can squeeze quite a bit of value of Hilton properties. Last fall, Mr. TT & I booked rooms at the Hampton Inn Mexico City for only 10k Honors points a night. 100k Honors points would be worth 10 nights at that rate! The current offer represents great value, and this matches the highest offer we’ve ever seen for this product. Don’t wait, this increased offer is only valid until 10/4/17. If you would like to apply for a card, make sure to visit our Top Credit Cards section.