[Reminder] Earn 10,000 Extra AAdvantage Miles
Last week we covered how you can apply for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard. I felt I should remind everyone that you can earn an EXTRA 10,000 AAdvantage miles if you applied in the last 90 days!
Citi recently started offering targeted 60k mile offers for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard. The good news is if you applied for the card in the last 90 days you can get matched to the 60k offer, even if you never received the 60k offer in the mail! I received 10k AAdvantage miles back in December, and I plan to try to get matched again this weekend! (Update: We both got matched 10k miles for the second time!)
Message I sent via Citi Secure Message:
I recently became aware of the 60,000 Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select offer. Could you please match this offer to my recently opened card offer?
Response from Citi:
Mrs. TT and I were both matched to the 60k offer back in December and multiple readers have messaged me saying they have been matched in the last week! Those extra 20k AAdvantage miles are enough points for a off-season one-way trip to Europe! Even if you don’t have the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card, you can apply now for the 50k offer and get matched shortly after approval.
Thrifty Tip: Previously held the card? If it’s been 18 months since you closed your prior Citi Platinum Select card, you are eligible for the bonus again!
Even with the upcoming AAdvantage devaluation, 10,000 extra miles still goes a long way! Even after the devaluation, our favorite one-way business class tickets to Europe are only 57,500, which will be attainable with the extra 10,000 miles! Also don’t forget the 10% rebate you earn as a Citi AAdvantage cardholder!
Other AAdvantage Posts you should read:
- 10% Rebate off AAdvantage Redemptions with CitiCards
- New AA Business Award Space Open to Europe
- Earn 10,000 Extra AAdvantage Miles
- American AAdvantage Award Availability in the Toilet (5 Tips)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Devaluation Coming March 2016
- Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Loophole
- Citi 50k AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard offer is back!
- Earn 50k AAdvantage miles with CitiBusiness Platinum Select
- Best use of American AAdvantage Miles (Off-Peak European Awards)
- [Citigold Checking] Earn 100k AAdvantage Miles or Thank You Points
- 10 Tips for Booking Award Tickets
- [Flight Review] American 767-300 Business Class
- [Flight Review} American 787 Dreamliner Business Class
H/T: Loophole Travel