[Delta SkyMiles Sale] United States to Tokyo, Japan for 25k SkyMiles
To celebrate Delta’s new service from Minneapolis to Tokyo’s Haneda airport, Delta is offering sale fares on award travel from most US cities to Tokyo. Economy fares start at 50k SkyMiles (round-trip) which is 20k less than the 70k miles typically required to fly round-trip to Tokyo. Delta One (business class) starts at 70k SkyMiles one-way, which is 10k SkyMiles less than a typical Delta One ticket. Flights out of Minneapolis are nonstop. The SkyMiles sale is good for fares from October 29th – December 7th. The sale ends October 13th!
The Delta sale states it is for specific US cities, but as is typical with most of their sales, it works from almost every US city with Delta service. There also appears to be quite a bit of award space. I searched several flights and there were up to 9 seats available for booking in Economy. This means you can take your whole family if you’ve got enough SkyMiles.
Thrifty Tip: Already booked an award fare during this time period? Call Delta and they should refund the difference.
- 25k SkyMiles Economy one-way
- 35k SkyMiles Economy Comfort one-way
- 70k SkyMiles Delta One one-way
- Flights are available October 29 – December 7
- Book by October 13th
- Minimum 7 day trip required
- Maximum stay 3 months
You can fly from almost every city in the United States to Europe for less than your typical American Express Delta card sign-up bonus.
I did several searches to show you how much value you can squeeze out of this sale. You can fly from Dallas to Tokyo, with one short connection. This is normally a $1,000 ticket.
The real value play of this sale is the Delta One tickets for 70k SkyMiles. The same nonstop Minneapolis to Tokyo flight below sells for $4200! Flying first or business class in a lay-flat seat is always the best way to maximize your point potential.
The sample flight is on an Boeing 777 and has the same seats featured in the lead photo of this post. Always try to fly the A330 or the Boeing 747/777 if you are flying Delta, which are equipped with the fancy reverse herringbone seats.
I frequently hear people complain about how worthless SkyMiles are for flight redemptions. Many people call them “SkyPesos”, but sales like this show you how valuable they are. I’d recommend booking ASAP as I’m not sure how long the award space will last. Low on Delta SkyMiles? There is a new 50k offer on Delta Skymiles which came out last week!
More Delta Tips & Tricks:
- Guide to Booking Delta Award Tickets
- The Secret to One-Way Delta SkyMiles Award Tickets
- Which Points can be Transferred into Delta SkyMiles
- How to pay for Delta flights with SkyMiles
- Difference between SkyMiles and MQMs
- How to earn Delta Medallion status without flying (Manufacturing Delta Status)
- Save on GoGo In-flight Internet Access
Delta Gold Personal Credit Card by American Express
- 50,000 SkyMiles after $2,000 spend in 3 months (Limited Time Offer)
- $50 statement credit after you make any Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- No annual fee the first year, then $95
- Priority Boarding
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar on Delta purchases. Earn 1 mile for all other spending.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight – savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- No foreign transaction fees