Book Delta’s new flagship A350 to Tokyo / Seoul / Beijing (Premium Economy is cheap)
Yesterday, we posted that Delta’s new flagship Airbus A350 was bookable for it’s inaugural international flight on October 30th from Detroit to Tokyo. This morning Airline Route announced new routes to Seoul and Beijing.
New Delta A350 routes:
- Detroit – Tokyo Narita (DTW – NRT) 1 daily starting October 30th
- Detroit – Seoul Incheon (DTW – ICN) Alternating days starting November 18th, daily from December 16th
- Detroit – Beijing (DTW – PEK) Alternating days starting January 17th, daily from February 23rd
The new routes are now bookable online with SkyMiles or cash. The new Delta One redemptions are priced out of most fliers reach as high as 400k SkyMiles round-trip (lowest 165k SkyMiles one-way). The value play with the new aircraft is the Premium Economy (aka Premium Select). It offers a separate cabin from Economy and Delta One and features 7″ more legroom than Economy. Other benefits are Sky Priority boarding, 13″ IFE, and better food service.
As we reported yesterday, Premium Select is bookable for only 99k SkyMiles round-trip. The best part is all your domestic connecting flights will be upgraded to First Class. I’d recommend booking ASAP on this one as award inventory at the 99k award level is running low.
Delta Premium Select will feature:
- More space with up to 38 inches of pitch (normal economy is typically 31″), up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline. Delta Premium seats will also offer adjustable leg rests and headrests;
- Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Blanket with pillow and a TUMI amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials, allowing customers to settle in and arrive well-rested;
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by fresh, seasonal menu selections presented with Alessi serviceware designed exclusively for Delta;
- An up to 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows and games, and noise-cancelling headphones;
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach;
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, priority boarding and expedited baggage service.
Check out the Premium Select product on the new A350. I’ll be flying to Tokyo in Delta One for the inaugural and flying home from Tokyo in Premium Select in early November. I’m excited to try both products, but the Premium Select seems to be the real bargain points-wise for a blend of comfort without spending too many of your miles. I don’t expect Premium Select to be Delta One, but it looks to be a big upgrade from regular economy.
H/T: One Mile at a Time