Amex WeWork Benefits Now Available for Business Platinum Cardholders
As we first reported back in December, American Express has added a handful of benefits to their Business Platinum Card – all while hiking the annual fee. One of those benefits was a complimentary year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork, a network of premium co-working spaces all over the world. WeWork values this one-year membership at $2,700.
As of Feb. 8, the benefit is available to both new and existing cardholders. You can enroll for it here.
What You Need to Know
- Cardholders will receive one year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork. This membership is valued at $2,700.
- The membership will not be ongoing and you will have until 12/31/19 to enroll.
- Your membership will last one year from your enrollment date. Because of this, it’s best to wait until you are ready to use it before you enroll.
- Platinum Global Access will provide access to over 300 workspaces in 75+ cities and 20+ countries.
- There is no limit to how often you can use the WeWork spaces.
- Users can bring at least one guest into a WeWork space each visit
- This benefit is only for the primary cardholder. Authorized users are not eligible.
- You’ll be able to access WeWork locations around the globe during normal business hours, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
- Visit the WeWork locations page to find a location near you.
In my opinion, this is a solid new benefit of the Business Platinum Card from American Express. However, the fact that it is only good for one year makes the annual fee hike a bit harder to swallow.
The annual fee on the card was previously $450 and has now been increased to $595. While there is also a new $200 annual credit for U.S. purchases with Dell, this WeWork benefit won’t be for everyone, making the annual fee hike even worse for some.
American Express has done a great job over the past few years adding meaningful benefits to some of their most powerful credit cards. They seem to have a pulse on what their membership base wants and an ability to make it happen. While I was hoping the WeWork benefit would be a little stronger than a one-year offering, you can still squeeze a lot of value out of it after enrollment.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.