Amex Extends WeWork Perk on Business Platinum Card Through 2020
Earlier this year, American Express added WeWork membership as a benefit for Business Platinum Cardholders. Cardholders received one year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork – but that was set to expire Dec. 31, 2019.
Amex has renewed the WeWork benefit for The Business Platinum Card from American Express for another year, according to The Points Guy. And if you are already enrolled in the benefit for 2019, your WeWork Platinum Global Access will be automatically extended through Dec. 31, 2020. There is no action required to renew your membership.
It’s a much-needed boost for the card after it eliminated other key benefits like free GoGo Wi-Fi passes.
What You Need to Know
Platinum Global Access from the Business Platinum Card will give you access to over 300 WeWork locations around the world during local business hours. You will be able to book “hot desks” at no additional cost. You will have access to premium amenities like Wi-Fi, phone booths, coffee, and other beverages. Conference space and private rooms can be booked with your membership, however, there will be an additional charge for those depending on the size of the room.
If you are a frequent business traveler, this benefit alone could be worth its weight in gold.
Full Benefits of the Business Platinum Card From American Express
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points (75,000 total) after spending an additional $10,000 ($20,000 total) within the first three months of card membership.
- Earn 5x Membership Rewards points on flights and hotels booked through amextravel.com. And 1.5x points per dollar spent on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Receive $200 per calendar year for airline incidental fees at one airline. Read up on the best ways to take advantage of this credit.
- Receive access to Amex Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta), Escape Lounges, and membership in the Priority Pass Select program. This card is widely considered the best credit card for airport lounge access. You will receive all of the same access offered by the personal Platinum card from American Express.
- $100 Application Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Receive a 35% rebate on flight redemptions on your selected airline, our favorite benefit of this card.
- $200 in Annual Statement Credits at Dell
- WeWork Global Access
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors Gold status
- Access to the Platinum Concierge: Receive around-the-clock assistance with travel planning and booking, shopping advice and other personal requests.
- The card boasts an annual fee of $595 which is not waived for the first year of card membership.
Click Here to learn more about the Business Platinum Card from American Express.
American Express and WeWork have renewed the agreement for Business Platinum Cardholders, and that’s welcome news after a host of other cuts to the card. Getting WeWork access through 2020 could be reason enough to keep this card open.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.