American Business Award Space OPEN Los Angeles to Sydney! (62.5k miles one-way!)
American Airlines recently opened up Business Award space on their new direct flight from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia, which just started service December 17th. I was able to find Business Class flights from Minneapolis (my hometown) to Sydney for only 62.6k one-way! Try whatever origin and there should be availability for round-trip flights to Sydney.
The business award space is only available for departures from December 30th through January 9th. Flights back home are available January and into March. It is short notice, but if you have been planning a trip to Sydney, and you’re sitting on a stack of points, now is the time to go! We probably won’t see availability like this until after the AAdvantage devaluation in March.
Thrifty Tip: There is award space for 2-4 people on many of the flights. This is rare for international award tickets!
This route flies American’s new flagship Boeing 777-300ER, which has a very similar Business Class to the Boeing 787 Dreamliner I flew in November. Book quick these flights won’t last more than a few more hours!
Other AAdvantage Posts you should read:
- 10% Rebate off AAdvantage Redemptions with CitiCards
- Earn 10,000 Extra AAdvantage Miles
- American AAdvantage Award Availability in the Toilet (5 Tips)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Devaluation Coming March 2016
- Best use of American AAdvantage Miles (Off-Peak European Awards)
- 10 Tips for Booking Award Tickets
- [Flight Review] American 767-300 Business Class
- [Flight Review} American 787 Dreamliner Business Class
H/T: View from the wing