Get $25 off $50 at Amazon with Amex Membership Rewards
Update: This offer is expired!
Earlier this week, Amazon announced a new joint offer with American Express. Link your Amex Membership Rewards account with your Amazon account in order to “Shop-with-Points”. Once linked, you can receive $25 off a $50+ purchase of anything sold by Amazon with promo code AMEX17EVER. This promotion will end on 12/31/2017, or once 80,000 customers have redeemed this offer, whichever happens first. Because of this, I would take advantage of this ASAP.
Thrifty Tip #1: To link your Amazon and American Express Membership Rewards account, click here.
How To Redeem This Offer
- Once you have linked your Amazon and Membership Rewards account, just add anything $50 or more that is shipped and sold from Amazon to your cart. This will not work for Amazon gift cards, however, it will work on the following 3rd party gift cards, just to name a few:
- Once you’re ready to check out, go to your payment options and choose the membership rewards credit card that you linked from the thrifty tip above.
- Pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points. You are able to use just one point and pay the rest with the credit card (click ‘choose different amount’ to do this). I was able to do this per the screenshot below.
- Enter the promo code AMEX17EVER in the promo code box provided on the checkout page
- $25 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
This offer is an easy way to save $25 and likely won’t be around much longer. I would recommend taking advantage of the offer as soon as possible. It is worth noting that this offer is listed as a targeted offer. However, we have not seen any data points of this not working for people with a membership rewards earning American Express credit card.