Amazon Cuts the Cost of Prime to $73 (Today Only)
Until Sunday, January 17th at 11:59 p.m., PT, new members can join Amazon Prime for $73 for the first year (normally $99). The sale is one day only, and the occasion is Amazon’s recent Golden Globe win for Mozart in the Jungle. When Amazon wins, everyone wins.
I’ve had Amazon Prime for over 8 years, and it’s something we really value. The most valuable service is the free two-day shipping, where we can save time and money by not having to drive to the store to pick up items. Our second most used Prime service is Instant Video. We use Prime Video on our TV as well as on our laptops, and the service is very similar to Hulu and Netflix. It’s a great service which is included in the annual fee. There are plenty of other Amazon services which we have not used yet.
Prime membership includes:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping
- FREE Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes.
- Prime Instant Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes
- Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs (similar to Spotify)
- Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive
- Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Mom: These include 20% off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry.
- Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits (also great for college students)
If you don’t have Amazon Prime this a great way to test out the service for a year. Give it a try, I know you’ll get hooked on the service! The service pays for itself in no time. Remember the deal only last until midnight tonight PST!