70,000 Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Offer
Disclaimer: I’m not an American Express marketing partner. The links below are my personal refer-a-friend links.
Delta will be taking deliveries this fall of their newest aircraft, the Airbus A350. On this high-tech new aircraft, they will be launching a new Delta One product (pictured above), as well as a new Premium Economy product. I’m incredibly excited to check out this aircraft and I think you should be too. Now is the time to stock up on SkyMiles to make sure you can fly it, when it debuts on international routes later this year!
The current offer of 70,000 SkyMiles for the Platinum personal cards. These are the highest offers that American Express offers, which is important as you can only earn each Amex product offer once per lifetime!
So how far will 70k SkyMiles get you?
- Domestic flights are generally 25k SkyMiles round-trip
- Mexico and the Caribbean start at 30k SkyMiles round-trip (including Cuba)
- Europe starts at 60k SkyMiles round-trip
- One-way to Europe in lay-flat Business Class starts at 70k SkyMiles
- Flights to Alaska round-trip from the lower 48 states are 25k SkyMiles
Personal Delta Platinum SkyMiles Card
This is the highest offer Delta and Amex have ever had. The Delta SkyMiles Platinum cards offer 70,000 SkyMiles after spending $4,000 in the first four months. They also offer 10,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles towards Delta status. Both cards do have a $195 annual fee the first year, but it is offset by a $100 statement credit. You will receive the statement credit after making any Delta purchase on your card within the first three months (including a bag of chips aboard a flight or buying a Delta gift card online from Delta.com). Other great features are priority Zone 1 boarding, and first checked bag free for you and up to 8 other family members.
You also earn 2x SkyMiles on Delta purchases and 1x SkyMiles on everything else. The card has no foreign transaction fees so you can use it anywhere in the world. With the statement credit the annual fee nets out to be $95 the first year, and the 70k SkyMiles and MQMs you’ll earn will easily outweigh the fee.
Thrifty Tip: American Express only allows you to apply for each of their card products once per lifetime. Luckily, each Delta Amex card is considered a different product. You have the ability to apply for all of the various Delta cards (Gold/Platinum/Reserve) we covered, so it’s important to only apply for top offers like this.
Delta Platinum Personal Credit Card by American Express
- 70,000 SkyMiles after $3,000 spend in 3 months
- Earn 10k Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) towards Delta status
- $100 Statement Credit after you make any Delta purchase with your new card in the first 3 months.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card
- $195 annual fee
- Priority Boarding
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar on Delta purchases. Earn 1 mile for all other spending.
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight – savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- No foreign transaction fees
This is an easy way to quickly stockpile Delta SkyMiles for your upcoming vacation. Mrs. TT and recently flew down to Cancun nonstop flying Delta earlier this year (for only 30k SkyMiles) to stay at the all-inclusive Hyatt Zilara (on points). We love flight deals but using points and miles saves us even more cash. We typically hold onto a card like this for 6-9 months, and if we don’t feel the benefits are worth the next annual fee, then we cancel it. Once the points are deposited in your Delta account, you can cancel the card at anytime and your points are safe (and never expire)! Once you’ve earned your miles make sure to check out our best uses of SkyMiles!
Call if you are not instantly approved:
American Express Credit Card Reconsideration
- 877-399-3083 (new accounts) 8am-midnight EST M-F, 10am-6:30pm Saturday